Water Infrastructure Digital Twin Benefits
A new approach to turn digital water data into improved decisions and optimize wet infrastructure assets; building tomorrow’s resilience. Infrastructure digital twins enable water and wastewater utilities to better understand and manage their wet infrastructure assets, reduce their life cycle costs, optimize their performance and life span, increase revenue and improve service.
Access accurate and complete information in real-time.
By leveraging a water infrastructure digital twin, your organization can better understand and manage your assets, lower risks, reduce life cycle costs, optimize performance and life span, increase revenue, and improve service levels.
Build a Resilient Infrastructure
With continuous access to near real-time network information, digital twins extend the connected data environment to your entire enterprise by supporting multiple levels of information exchange. As a result, your organization is better enabled to monitor, predict, and react to disruptions or emergencies.
Gain complete control over infrastructure operations
- Have a 360-degree, high-resolution view of how (above and below ground) infrastructure assets are currently operating.
- Mirror and accurately simulate the operation of assets, their surrounding environment, and how they interact in real-time. Confidently “experiment with the future” and test out a wide range of “what-if?” scenarios, view, and compare outcomes — without disrupting daily operations.
- Solve water-energy nexus challenges.
- Quickly spot and isolate deficiencies and mitigate consequences.
- Precisely monitor asset health (condition) and performance to minimize asset deterioration and extend the life of network assets.
- Boost worker productivity (facilitate migration from specialists to generalists).
Digital twins provide a 360-degree, high-resolution view of all infrastructure information. This view helps your organization perform diagnostics, build models, conduct predictive and prescriptive analytics, create simulations, and generate actionable insights in real-time for critical and efficient decision making.
Improve response times & customer satisfaction levels
- Respond faster with accurate forward visibility based on better information, which drives better outcomes.
- Lessen duration and disruption of maintenance and repairs.
- Foresee and pre-empt future network failures (e.g., locate growing leaks before pipes break) and prepare for and respond to emergencies.
- Mitigate sewer overflows.
- Enhance the quality of service (uninterrupted, high quality water).
- Understand water usage patterns to support pricing and demand management.
- Predict and manage extreme weather events and support climate change initiatives.
Lower Total Life Cycle Costs
Like many utilities, your organization may be facing tight municipal budgets, increased service demands, and multiple data sources that lack interoperability, resulting in inefficiencies and skyrocketing costs. Using a digital twin and data intelligence, your organization can optimize performance, improve service levels, and reduce capital infrastructure funding gaps at the lowest total life cycle cost.
Lower operating costs & increase revenue
- Decrease the cost and risk of both unplanned asset downtime and scheduled, but necessary, maintenance.
- Reduce leakage rates.
- Identify opportunities to drive operational efficiencies as they happen.
- Maximize business efficiency and ROI.
- Better forecast future demand.
- Reduce energy use and carbon emissions.
- Lower Totex (Capex and Opex).